The project will aim to promote the development of effective child trafficking response in the EU by invigorating efforts in the field of implementing victim assistance policies and programmes in source and destination countries, and by ensuring sustainable reintegration in society of children victims of trafficking.
The main objectives of the project will be to:
- Assess the policy, legal and institutional framework for assistance and reintegration in society of child victims of trafficking in source and destination countries.
- Establish a methodology for the evaluation of programmes for assistance and reintegration of child victims of trafficking with the goal of increasing the effectiveness of programme implementation throughout the European Union and promoting EU-wide evaluation standards in the field.
- Evaluate programmes of child victims support and reintegration in three countries of destination and three countries that are sources of trafficked children, and propose recommendations for programme improvement in line with fundamental children's rights.
- Identify best practices for support and protection of children victims of trafficking in 6 EU countries in line with the principles of fundamental children's rights and of promoting the best interests of the victims.
- Promote the replication of best practices and establishment of mechanisms for the monitoring and evaluation of programmes for assistance and reintegration of children victims of trafficking throughout the European Union.
- Develop an innovative web-based interactive tool assisting the stakeholders efforts for reintegration of children victims of trafficking.
- Provide children victims of trafficking and their parents with information on EU and national policies, programmes for reintegration, as well as with opportunities to comment and provide feedback.
- Establish a large and stable network of public institutions, NGOs and universities promoting the reintegration of children victims of trafficking and researching related issues.
The project will result in the publication and dissemination of a Handbook on the Reintegration of Children Victims of Trafficking aimed specifically to benefit the target group. The Handbook will summarize the results of the research on best practices in the six countries and will present the completed policy analyses and program evaluations, as well as the developed standardised methodologies. It will be published in a printed version in English and will also be disseminated electronically in pdf format.
A key project output will be a web-based interactive tool devoted to the reintegration in society of children victims of trafficking. It will aim to catalogue and integrate informational resources on all major EU initiatives involving transnational research and practical activities.
* Project co-financed under the Directorate General Justice, Freedom and Security; Directorate D; Fundamental Rights and Citizenship. Sole responsibility lies with the author and the Commission is not responsible for any use that may be made of the information contained herein.